Running FreeCAD fails with the error message “freecad: error while loading shared libraries: libshiboken2.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.5.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

soname-bump

(Peter Steinwendtner) #1

Hi,

when I try to start FreeCAD I get the following error:

freecad: error while loading shared libraries: libshiboken2.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.5.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This seems due to the shiboken2 library in the repository already being at version 5.12

Thanks in advance

(totte) #2

Hi @Forseti,

please search before posting - the search terms “error while loading shared libraries” and “cannot open shared object file” will both return this #help:faq entry:

Typing the error messages into your new topic title or body will trigger an automated search, notifying you of topics that are similar to your topic. These similar topics are listed in a blue popup window titled “Your topic is similar to…”.

The linked #help:faq entry provides step-by-step instructions with images on how to report this type of issue (and thus notifying the packagers) that it may be resolved. I have reported the issue on your behalf - please continue here, and report any future issues of this type directly in the issue tracker, thank you.

(totte) closed #3