Reached target Graphical Interface hangs on iso

(Daniel Padia) #1

Trying to spin up a Hyper-V VM with Chakra, the live iso just flickers on Reached target Graphical Interface. Tried both with and without RemoteFX. Not sure what else to do. Any assistance?

1 Like
(tom) #2

i would try to login in a tty and check journal and services.

(Daniel Padia) #3

Is it possible to do that when I’m trying to spin up the live iso for the first time? I’ve tried researching how to do that, but I’m not even sure what to look for. Unfortunately, you’re dealing with a semi-noob here, so your suggestion is like telling a 9 yr old to parallel park for the first time. I appreciate the help, but I need to know how to do that. I am willing to read and learn and figure it out, but I don’t even know which state to boot the live iso into to start attempting any of that. Any suggestions?

(kepszlok) #4

Can you please try it with the much younger RC iso? DL here: https://community.chakralinux.org/t/chakra-2019-03-hawking-rc4-released/8318

(Daniel Padia) #5

Well, the only improvement from RC4 is that it doesn’t flicker as much. Chakra must not be made for running in a VM, eh?

(kepszlok) #6

I do not know how Hyper-V works. Btw I do used Chakra under Oracl’s Virtualbox many times without any problem.

(Daniel Padia) #7

Sorry, my reply was a bit too snarky, I didn’t mean anything by it. I would like to get this up and running, though. I just have no idea where to start. Tom said to login with tty and check journal and services, but I don’t know how to do that on an iso where I have no idea what the IP is, much less how to get to journal and services and what to do with whatever I would see.

(Daniel Padia) #8

So, I should clarify. I have secure boot turned off. Everything else is a regular setup for a VM, as far as I can tell.
Boot: DVD Drive with the ISO loaded to it.
Security: Secure Boot Disabled
Memory: 8192 MB
Processor: 4 Virtual processors
Hard Drive: [xxx].vhdx
Network Adapter: Default Switch
Going through and disabling various integration services to see if anything works. Not sure what else to do.

(Daniel Padia) #9

Well, created a new VM on Gen 1, and it works. Chakra supports UEFI, right? So why would a Gen2 on UEFI not work when a Gen1 on BIOS would? Something for smarter people than I to figure out.

(kepszlok) #10

Don’t worry :wink:

I think Tom mentioned to log in to tty6, by pressing ctrl + alt + F6 buttons. (F6 means the tty6, where F7 brings you back to the gui)
On tty6, you will be able to log in with your username and password. Than you can begin with reading journal etc.

*maybe Arch wiki can help too with Hyper-V: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hyper-V

(tom) #11

@Daniel_Padia
on the live iso is your usrename ‘live’ and the password also ‘live’ but in this case i would do it as root :wink:

root login: username: root and password root

2 Likes