Pulseaudio high CPU usage

Hi There,
i encounter the problem that pulseaudio eat a lot of cpu after login.
Killing the process resolves the issue. The process will be respawned and then pulseaudio behaves as expected. Any suggestion to resolve the problem permanently?

some debugging first? and perhaps start chakra-check-links

journalctl | grep pulse
#man pulseadio

--log-level=<LEVEL> If an argument is passed, set the log level to the specified 
value, otherwise increase the configured verbosity level by one. The log
 levels are numerical
from 0 to 4, corresponding to error, warn, notice, info, debug. Default log level is notice, i.e. all log messages
with lower log levels are printed: error, warn, notice.
-v
Increase the configured verbosity level by one (see --log-level above). Specify multiple times to increase log level multiple times.
--log-target={auto,syslog,stderr}
Specify the log target. If set to auto (which is the default), then logging is directed to syslog when --daemonize is passed, otherwise to
STDERR.

edit the start option in /usr/lib/systemd/user/pulseaudio.service

Hi Tom;
this the output from journalctl | grep pulse after editing /usr/lib/systemd/user/pulseaudio.service to
ExecStart=/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --log-level=4

:Apr 22 17:37:23 siddata ksmserver[1178]: ksmserver: Starting autostart service “/etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop” ("/usr/bin/start-pulseaudio-x11")
Apr 22 17:37:23 siddata rtkit-daemon[1256]: Successfully made thread 1253 of process 1253 (/usr/bin/pulseaudio) owned by ‘1000’ high priority at nice level -11.
Apr 22 17:37:50 siddata pulseaudio[1253]: E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.TimedOut: Failed to activate service ‘org.bluez’: timed out

but I’m not sure if /usr/lib/systemd/user/pulseaudio.service is involved, when pulseaudio is started as a user.
Pulseaudio run with /usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no
so i assume its not involved
OUTPUT of chakra-check-links:
broken links

a shot in to the dark because i haven’t any idea

1. delete ~/.config/pulse
  2. reinstall pulseaudio with all depedencies

Fiddle around for 2 hours. First i followed your proposal and deleted ~/.config/pulse and reinstalled. After restart, the same thing, about 10% CPU. Then i tried /etc/pulse/client.conf to configure pulseaudio to start in debug mode, also “autospawn on” instead of off. But no luck with debug mode but the high CPU USAGE is gone.
Then i go back to autospawn off and since then The High CPU Usage is gone. No Idea why. Okay set this to SOLVED

You’ll find simple instructions on how to do this here, please stick to the norm and avoid inventing own ways of marking topics as solved, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.