Plasma 5.11.1, Applications 17.08.2 and Frameworks 5.39 by KDE now available in Chakra

kde-applications
qt
kde-frameworks
kde-plasma

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #1

Also available in Italian, Spanish and Taiwanese Mandarin.

Hello everyone!

With your next system upgrade you will receive all the latest versions of KDE’s Plasma, Applications and Frameworks. More than 800 packages have been updated and are now available to you.

The highlight of this upgrade is the availability of the brand new Plasma 5.11 series. As usual with major Plasma releases, we ship the first bug fix release which is out one week after the initial one. Make sure to watch the video demonstration for a quick preview of all the new features:

For more details and the full changelogs, you can read the official KDE announcements:

Other noteworthy package updates include:

• xorg-server 1.19.5
  • qt5 5.9.2
  • wpa_supplicant 2.6-2, with a fix for a known vulnerability
  • xf86-video-intel 2.99.917+779+g2100efa
  • exiv2 0.26, if you have CCR packages depending on this they will probably need to be rebuilt

It should be safe to answer yes to any replacement question by the package manager. If in doubt, or if you face another issue in relation to this update, please ask or report it by replying to this topic.

Most of our mirrors synchronize twice a day. To learn when the mirror of your choice last synchronized with the origin, see the mirror status page. If it synchronized after this topic being published, it should be safe to upgrade.

Enjoy!

Plasma 5.11.1, Applications 17.08.2 y Frameworks 5.39 de KDE ahora disponibles en Chakra
Keyboard back to qwerty after upgrade to Plasma 5.11.1, Applications 17.08.2 and Frameworks 5.39
(Jean-Baptiste Louvet) #2

Since this update, my regional settings are not taken into account at boot (system back to qwerty/english, normally bépo/french). I opened a topic to describe it more precisely.

I take advantage of this reply to thank you for all the work you’re doing to keep chakra up to date :slight_smile:

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #3

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.