Network monitor behaviour

Exactly the same issue here. From time to time the NetworkManager runs crazy like yours.

@tomaggio
I think this is clearly a NetworkManager issue. Also the chakra version is quite outdated (build date 2018). Can you open a ticket for a new version?

btw I tried disablying connectivity checking in /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf:

[connectivity]
.set.enabled=false

But that didn’t help…

mmh i my Chakra Version is:

$ cat /etc/lsb-release 
LSB_VERSION=1.4
DISTRIB_ID="Chakra"
DISTRIB_RELEASE="2019.03"
DISTRIB_CODENAME="Hawking"
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Chakra"

The @team knows about this and is working on it. But i have no idea how long it will take.
Greets

I occasionally see network manager using excessive CPU time too. Restarting it seems to alleviate it.

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

1 Like

Who knows when the testing version is going to go to stable?

No news?? I had to install Manjaro in order to work with my job vpn.

I would like to kwnow, is everything ok in Manjaro?

I would like to kwnow, is everything ok in Manjaro?

Networkmanager is OK. Some glitch to be corrected for dual monitor setting, and some color that gets some text unreadable on the default theme.
They got pamac instead of octopi that is awesome (very clean and works with AUR and SNAP out of the box), but it did mess the first big update on the KDE flavour.

It is sad to say, because i’m on Chakra since the beginning, but it looks like Chakra Linux is approaching its life cycle end.

it think your thought is there better suited :wink:

This should disable connectivity checks, add these two lines to /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/connectivity.conf:

[connectivity]
interval=0

You can create the file if it doesn’t exist.
Then restart NetworkManager:

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

Source
NetworkManager.conf manpage

There is a related issue here, for those interested:

I’m currently running plasma-nm 5.18.4.1-1, set my IP manually, and use OpenVPN. It works. If I use DHCP the connection will fail several times during a day.

1 Like