Mesa libglvnd support enabled in Chakra

mesa
xorg
libglvnd
opengl

(Luca Giambonini) #1

Since the beginning of April we prepared the xorg and mesa groups with libglvnd enabled.
First of all we need to explain what libglvnd stands for and the impact it has on the final user.

NVIDIA introduces libglvnd in this way:

libglvnd is a vendor-neutral dispatch layer for arbitrating OpenGL API calls between multiple vendors. It allows multiple drivers from different vendors to coexist on the same filesystem, and determines which vendor to dispatch each API call to at runtime.

All clear? :joy: But what does this it means for you?
mesa and nvidia drivers will be able to coexist on the same system. libglvnd will provide libgl support and is a layer over mesa and nvidia. bumblebee will not work with nouveau anymore but prime can be used instead.

So in the case of dual graphics card, you can use:

• bumblebee with intel/nvidia
  • PRIME with intel/nouveau

Please test this extensively and post your feedback in this thread.

Big upgrade of xorg, kernel, and graphics drivers that include important changes, is now available in [testing]
Upgrades for xorg, kernel and graphics drivers include important changes and might require manual intervention
Chakra 2017.10 “Goedel” 釋出
Liberada Chakra 2017.10 “Goedel”
Rilasciata Chakra 2017.10 "Goedel"
Actualizaciones para xorg, kernel y controladores gráficos incluyen cambios importantes y pueden requerir intervención manual
包含了重要且可能需要手動調整變更的 xorg、核心與顯示卡驅動程式的更新
Upgrades for xorg, kernel and graphics drivers include important changes and might require manual intervention
Chakra 2017.10 "Goedel" released
(dinolib) #2

I confirm my problem with nvidia+intel configuration:

• bumblebee works: I’m able to run applications with both intel and nvidia cards
  • I’m not able to turn off nvidia card, in ANY way. It is on from boot and results always used. rmmmod doesn’t work, even forcing it. I tried to use from TTY but same problem.

(system) #3

This topic was automatically closed 170 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.