Latest testing status [2 May 2018 - 19 May 2018]

kde-plasma

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #1

Nothing to report for now, but expect Plasma 5.12.5 to land soon.

We are also planning a kernel group update that will come after this, probably in a different thread.

(kepszlok) #2

gooood
Goood. Good. :slight_smile:

(tom) #3

with kernel 4.16?
i received linux-ck 4.16-7 today and i can’t boot in to a desktop session and access to a tty is impossible…perhaps it is a good idea to delay this update.

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #4

Good to know, but since you are using a custom kernel, we can’t be sure if that is a problem with the version or the customized build.
The group is currently in [staging] -warning: not to be used by anyone-, I see linux is at version 4.16.6.

Latest status of the testing repository [20 May 2018 - 14 June 2018]
(tom) #5

after a little testing i was able to boot in to multi-users.target and i found this error in my journal

-- Logs begin at Thu 2018-05-03 21:25:46 CEST, end at Thu 2018-05-03 21:27:24 CEST. --
Mai 03 21:25:46 donar systemd[1]: Failed to load default target: No such file or directory

this file exits

[tom@frija ~]$ LC_ALL=C pacman -Qo /usr/lib/systemd/system/graphical.target
/usr/lib/systemd/system/graphical.target is owned by systemd 235.38-5

i don’t know why? with kernel 4.15 it isn’t problem but with 4.16…

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #6

Plasma 5.12.5 landed in testing, but there are currently issues (being worked on) with debug packages:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: plasma-desktop-debug: installing plasma-desktop (5.12.5-1) breaks dependency 'plasma-desktop=5.12.4-1'
:: plasma-workspace-debug: installing plasma-workspace (5.12.5-1) breaks dependency 'plasma-workspace=5.12.4-1'

Updates

• KDE Frameworks 5.46.0 are now available, expect Applications 18.04.1 very soon.
  • The issues with debug packages seem to be related to the file package.
    Unfortunately this is taking a while to be fixed, the idea now is to downgrade to an older version to check if it helps. Once we resolve it and provided that no other issues are found, everything can move into stable.
  • The file package has been downgraded to an older version and debug packages are now properly produced.
  • Applications 18.04.1 have now also landed in testing. If no issues are found, expect everything to move by the end of the week.

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #7

Everything has now moved into stable:

I’ll start a new thread once the kernel group from staging hits testing.

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) closed #8