Latest status of the testing repository [10 July 2018 - 29 July 2018]

cups

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #1

Hi @testers,

As of now, you will find in the testing repo an update of the cups group that is meant to resolve a recently reported issue.

There is currently no plan for a major group of packages to follow, as we are considering freezing testing to prepare for a new ISO release. I will keep you posted on any updates.

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #2

KDE’s Plasma 5.13.3 and Frameworks 5.48.0 are now available.

Expect Applications 18.04.3 to follow soon.

(tom) #3
  1. after login i notice sometimes a cpu 25% load or 100% on one core for agetty (i login at tty1)
  2. since pacman5 is available i see this message
(1/1) Updating the MIME type database...
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'

it seems harmless but it looks ugly, how can i solve this?

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #4

Applications 18.04.3 just landed, no other major group is scheduled so expect these to move to stable very soon.

(kepszlok) #5

mkvtoolnix-cli and mkvtoolnix-gui both contains some .ogg files, so they are in conflict, i had to remove both packages.

/usr/share/mkvtoolnix/sounds/finished-1.ogg
/usr/share/mkvtoolnix/sounds/finished-2.ogg
/usr/share/mkvtoolnix/sounds/finished-3.ogg

(kepszlok) #6

kio-extras-18.04.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz - package got bad chaksum. Possibly damanged during upload?

File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/kio-extras-18.04.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (checksum))
(ruben) #7

Yep, got corrupted package too :

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 kio-extras-18.04.3-2...   981.0 KiB  1654K/s 00:01 [##########################] 100%
(233/233) checking keys in keyring                  [##########################] 100%
(233/233) checking package integrity                [##########################] 100%
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/kio-extras-18.04.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (checksum)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

(Francesco Marinucci) #8

No issues with the package on the original server. May be due to a problem with the mirror you’re using?

(kepszlok) #9

Because somebody did fixed it, i was able to finish the update now.

Btw, the mkvtoolnix problem are still valid.

(Francesco Marinucci) #10

Thanks for reporting, I’ll try to fix it as soon as possible

Oh, btw, poppler 0.67.0 and related packages (mainly texlive group) have been uploaded to testing.
Please, report any issue that may occur on the bugtracker

(Johannes) #11

Still can’t install ‘kio-extras-18.04.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz’ here. Which mirror are you using?

(kepszlok) #12

Because of testing, I’m using the main repo.

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #13

Obviously all these have since moved into stable but I’m leaving this open us there are pending issues. Please report issues related to the newer packages on this thread:

(ruben) #14

I still have that thing :

How can I change the update mirror repo ? ?

(tom) #15

@rouvenster
you can change the mirrors in

/etc/pacman.d/pacman.mirrorlist 

and you can queue by speed with the rankmirrors command

man rankmirrors

(totte) #16

The package in question is no longer in the [testing] repository, and there is already a separate topic on the issue as well as a proper report - please continue in the report to keep all the information in a single place.

(totte) closed #17