How can I submit an update for an outdated package at CCR?

Hello!

I have a doubt about CCR. I want to update some outdated packages at this repo. In order to generate the src.tar.gz updated packages, I followed the steps described the following guide at without a problem:

However, as I’m not the owner/manteiner of this packages, I cannot send the src.tar.gz files. How I can achieve this at CCR system?

Thanks!

Hi @f4cund089,
What’s the name of the outdated package you would like to adopt?
If the maintainer doesn’t answer, I will abandon the package so you can adopt it.

If I understood correctly, the recommended way is to send an email to staff@chakralinux.org, by:

1 Like

If I understood correctly, the recommended way is to send an email to staff@chakralinux.org

this should be the idea behind and it will work if anybody read the mail but nobody will read it… perhaps when the next “chakra cycle” begins in autumn :<

Sorry for the late reply. The packages to adopt from CCR are this: logmein-hamachi and quamachi.

And if you want, I can adopt the zoom package that is marked as outdated.

1 Like

Ok, feel free to adopt all of them.

1 Like

Thank you! I was already able to update those packages in the CCR. So if the current package maintainer does not respond to the email, do we send an email to staff@chakralinux.org so we can adopt them? Or there is another way?

Exactly, that’s the correct way to handle this.

1 Like

Give me just a couple of days to check the spam… :sweat_smile:
I disowned the package. The package was not updated because I had some issue upgrading it. Then I forgot to retry again… I’m sorry.

2 Likes

Thanks and excuse me, I still did not understand how CCR worked for these cases! :sweat_smile:

No problem, It’ my fault, I should check more often CCR portal…

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.