GitLab is a web-based git repository manager with wiki and issue tracking features, and is developed by GitLab Inc. GitLab Community Edition is licensed under the terms of the MIT License. Chakra now has its own GitLab CE installation hosted at code.chakralinux.org. It replaces the following services:
|git.chakralinux.org||cgit and gitolite||Web interface and access control to git repositories||Offline|
|reviewboard.chakralinux.org||Review Board||Code review for developers and packagers||Offline|
|bugtracker.chakralinux.org||Flyspray||Bug tracker||Remains online until 2018-06-01, or is taken offline earlier if open issues are either resolved or closed as
|wiki.chakralinux.org||MediaWiki||Documentation for users, developers, and packagers||Remains online until 2018-06-01, unless a decision is made to continue maintaining it.|
|chakra-devel, chakra-packagers||Google Groups||Mailing lists for developers and packagers||Discontinued|
|loomio.org/g/jiHmTDkb/chakra||Loomio||Discussion forum for developers and packagers||Discontinued|
|trello.com/chakra2||Trello||Project managment for developers and packagers||Discontinued|
The following FAQs have been updated to reflect the replacement of Flyspray by GitLab:
- How do I notify the packagers of a package being outdated and that there is a newer version available?
- How do I notify the packagers of a package being broken?
- How do I report something on any of the Chakra websites being incorrect or broken?
- When trying to run a program in Konsole I get the error message "foo: error while loading shared libraries: libfoo.so.1.2.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" - what should I do?
- When attempting to upgrade my system with pacman I get the error "Error: FILENAME exists in filesystem" - what should I do?
- When downloading a package using pacman I get the error message "Error: Failed retrieving the file, maximum file size exceeded" - what should I do?
The primary website for Chakra has had its address changed from
www.chakralinux.org due to limitations in the DNS specification which makes using apex domains an issue when also using a CDN. The following redirects are in place:
chakraos.org domain name is now forwarded to
https://www.chakralinux.org, this affects any traffic to
rsync://, and other protocols will not work. There were since this commit several permanent redirects (
301) in our web server configuration - but now that a year has passed it should be safe to fully carry out this change, reducing clutter in the configuration, and letting the domain name registrar handle the redirects instead.
- The CCR was moved to a server of its own where at least a majority of its dependencies can be met. This also means that its address has changed from the previous
https://www.chakralinux.org/ccrto the current
- it.chakralinux.org is now served via Fastly’s Edge CDN, which should result in better performance for visitors.