Firefox 60.0 is now available in [testing]

firefox

(brli) #1

The package already lands in [testing]

However, we’re still investigating why the CSD patch is applied but not displayed

And, there is the newer NSS version dependency.

So, users of stable release, please hold for a while until we figure things out. Thank you.

As for @testers, if you have any idea, please share your opinions, thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

(brli) #3
  • CSD only: works as expected.

• KDE+PGO+CSD: no CSD

• PGO+CSD: core dumped

• CSD+KDE: works on Arch, but not Chakra

Checking if is gtk3 version issue.

Updating gtk3

Fixed build wtih [stable]

The PKGBUILD works with Arch and have CSD effect, but not on Chakra so far.

Need more help.

However, I’m releasing this one, firefox-kde-60.0-4

Seems to work properly on fellow team members’ system but not on mine.

Test and work on mine, too, now.

is the attribute browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar should set to true

or, the graphical way:

Screenshot_20180514_235322

About this client-side patch, what would you like our firefox be like?

• Enable CSD by default, aka. add the preference attribute to PKGBUILD
  • Do not enable CSD by default, remain opt-in for users to choose, and guide them to the tutorial?

0 voters

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #4

For those not sure what CSD is, it stands for Client Side Decorations, you can read more about it here and check for screenshots:

(kepszlok) #5

It works fine here. +1 to set it by default.

This is quite usefull on low res displays.

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #6

I have a couple of issues:

• When the window is not maximized, you cannot resize it as the window decorations are missing.
  • Contrast using Heritage colors is not good, as there’s black text on gray background:

(brli) #7
  1. you can still trigger resize feature from right click on the task plasmoid>More action>Resize

2. that is known, please wait for another release, or, create a userChrome.css:

~/.mozilla/firefox/<your profile name>/chrome/userChrome.css
---
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"]) .tab-label {
    color: #fcfcfc;
}

Screenshot_20180515_130346

ps. it isn’t heritage color scheme, actually. Firefox is applying Breeze gtk3 theme/sceme when drawing the bar.

(Neofytos Kolokotronis) #8

Thanks for the workarounds and info. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is #1 also a known issue? In other words, are both of these upstream problems that should be fixed in newer releases?

I suggest waiting until they are resolved before making this the default for Firefox.

(brli) #10

for #1, that is a limitation of kwin (the guy who draw top title bar and window borders), as this guy is hidden due to the CSD patch (you can not just get rid of the title bar but keep the borders, that is by design…), you can only manage the window from other place than the window itself (in this case, is the task manager’s “more action” context menu)

for #2 the theme is revisited in 61.0 and is solved, no more hack needed.

(totte) closed #11