Every time I run /usr/bin/mirror-check it states that one or more of the repositories aren't synchronized - what should I do?

Every time I run /usr/bin/mirror-check it states that one or more of the repositories aren’t synchronized - what should I do?

Do not use /usr/bin/mirror-check. Use the mirror status web page to see when all known, public mirrors last synchronized.

Our repositories are frequently updated - especially [testing], [desktop], and [gtk]. Many mirrors only synchronize with the central repositories on the origin server once or twice a day. This means that depending on when you run /usr/bin/mirror-check, the mirror may not show up as synchronized. It could be that there was an update to a repository only seconds after the mirror last synchronizing.

When a large group of packages has been updated, a #curated announcement will be made in #news by the @team, and it is recommended to wait until after your mirror of choice has synchronized before you attempt to upgrade your system. However, most of the time there should be no issues upgrading at will.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.