The sha512sum is
This release keeps the codename Goedel in honor of the logician, mathematician and philosopher Kurt Goedel. We take this opportunity to thank everyone that has contributed in making this happen, we greatly appreciate all your feedback and support.
The 2017.10 ISO is a maintenance release. As always, it is a snapshot of our stable repositories and includes all the package upgrades and changes that have happened in Chakra since the previous ISO release.
Noteworthy changes include:
- New versions of the linux kernel, xorg server, and graphics drivers
- Support for mesa libglvnd
- Dropping support for catalyst
- The installer, Calamares, has been updated to version 3.1.5
- Our homegrown Heritage theme for Plasma received several improvements in the logout screen and icons.
This release also ships with the following package versions that are already available in our repositories:
We would like to remind you that:
- To create reliable installation media, it is important to follow the instructions.
- Chakra implements a half-rolling model for the repositories, where all applications and KDE software fully roll. Expect newer versions of many of the above packages on your first update after installation.
- Current Chakra users do not need to perform a new installation, updating your current installation will always provide you with all the latest versions of all our packages.
- The Calamares installer does not yet support RAID and LVM installations.
- There are limitations in detecting hybrid cards. So even if you choose to boot in non-free mode, you will still be using the free drivers. To workaround this install using the free drivers and then switch manually. For Nvidia cards, you can use bumblebee with the proprietary nvidia drivers or PRIME with nouveau.