Can't upgrade system due to jack and jack2 being in conflict

(AGA) #1

Ok, uninstall and reinstall solved this json-c update problem (but I cannot why), and after that stocked the upgrade jack and jack2 conflict problem.

Regularly again and again these upgrade problems are annoyed me.

I will edit the post.
Ohh, Lost my mind:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 lib32 is up to date
 core is up to date
 desktop is up to date
 gtk is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: jack2 and jack are in conflict. Remove jack? [y/N] 
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: jack2 and jack are in conflict
Can't upgrade system due to lib32-json-c requiring json-c=0.1
Can't upgrade system due to lib32-json-c requiring json-c=0.1
(totte) #2

Read the #news, answer Yes to replace jack with jack2.

(AGA) #3

I readed news a last weak. How can I replace simple, because I want to uninstall jack and this thing takes its all away like Blender, Krita, mencoder, qt5-webengine etc. 158 packages.

(totte) #4

Press the button Y (short for Yes) on your keyboard.

(AGA) #5

:frowning:
I don’t want to comment either… If that’s all it would be…
Doesn’t work.

(totte) #6

“Doesn’t work” is not an error message. Please provide the exact, verbatim input and output.

Since you changed the topic and title from one issue to another I moved the later posts to a new topic.

(AGA) #7

Do you recommend to me remove 158 package from my OS for that reason one packages conflicted?
And „press y button on your keyboard” also solved massages?

(AGA) #8

OK I really solved this problem without „find ‘Y’ button your keyboard noob”.

pacman -Rdd jack
pacman Syu
pacman -S jack2

(totte) #9

No, I do not. Please read my posts again.

If the issue was resolved, please mark the topic as solved.

(AGA) #10

I understand you can want to help me.
The problem is that this degrading. ‘Y’ button not resolved. If it where so primitive in question, I wouldn’t put it here.

Ok, I solved my problem. Again.

(totte) #11

Sorry to hear that you find this degrading. It is to me unclear what happens when you try to replace jack with jack2 since you do not explain what you do and what the result is.

Note than in [y/N], pressing Enter on your keyboard results in N being your reply to the question. The capital letter is the default.

The simplest answer to your issue is to answer Yes (y) when asked if you want to replace jack with jack2.

(AGA) #12

Ok. I mean „stocked the update” when I press the enter (whitout ‘Y’ button because default is yes) nothing happend so I didn’t get any messages.

Earlier I remember as if it other way that work.

(totte) #13

If my brevity offended you, I apologize. All I know is that replying Yes, i.e. replacing the old jack with the new jack2, in the prompt you showed in your first message in this topic, should work as it has for other users.

I don’t know why it didn’t work in your case, but it is good to hear that you found a manual way to get the same result.

1 Like
(system) closed #14

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.