Acroread : Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"

Hello,
I’m trying to download an important administrative document which is a “XFA based” PDF (not quite sure what that mean). Okular and LibreOffice Draw gives up and instead they are opening a pdf file which reads : "The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have…"and so on.
So I tried to install the acroread package from here : https://ccr.chakralinux.org/packages.php?ID=5061
with
makepkg -si
and it installed without error but if I try to runs it (acroread) it says :

Gtk-Message: 13:27:32.962: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"

It wasn’t mentioned in the ccr package that this appmenu-gtk-module was needed so I installed it from Octopi but it still doesn’t work with the same error.
Any ideas ? I am also willing to give up Adobe and open it with another software that does the work
Thanks

Hi @rouvenster,

please see this topic to learn how to notify the maintainer of said entry:

XFA is (was) a deprecated format for forms:

In PDF 1.5, Adobe Systems introduced a proprietary format for forms; Adobe XML Forms Architecture (XFA). Adobe XFA Forms are not compatible with ISO 32000’s AcroForms feature, and most PDF processors do not handle XFA content. The XFA specification is referenced from ISO 32000-1 / PDF 1.7 as an external proprietary specification, and was entirely deprecated from PDF with ISO 32000-2 (PDF 2.0).

Source

Adobe Reader was discontinued about six years ago, but you may have some luck with the AUR entry, or by using Wine or creating a virtual machine.