About the Help category

(Hans Tovetjärn) #1

Give and get help here! All information here is to be in English. If you have a different locale set, prepend LC_ALL=C to any commands you run for English output. If you are unable to provide information in English, ask in #de, #es, #fr, #it, or #zh instead, depending on your locale.

Choose one (1) issue per topic, and set a descriptive title

This is more likely to elicit response from experienced users who have knowledge about that particular topic. It also makes the topic easy to reference and find by others with the same issue. Don’t use redundant phrases such as “Help”, “Urgent”, “Recent update”, etc.

Good titles

• XSane: Failed to open device: Invalid argument
  • pptp vpn fails to connect: Couldn’t set pass-filter in kernel: Invalid
  • Akonadi error, MySQL - unsupported storage engine: innodb
  • Calibre: Qt platform plugin ‘xcb’ not found (yet listed as available)

Bad titles

• I have internet but cant connect!!!
  • installing chakra
  • recent update
  • It’s an emergency ! Plasma crash

Provide your pacman configuration and log file instead of referring to a “recent” or a “latest” update

The log file describes exactly what was upgraded, and from which version to which version. Navigate to /var/log in Dolphin and drag and drop the file pacman.log into your post to include it. The configuration file pacman.conf is located in /etc, drag and drop it into your post as well. Alternatively, click this button in the toolbar to upload files:

upload

Use the default template

Use this template to provide the most essential information about your system. Copy and paste it into your new post if it isn't there already (it is the default template used for new topics created in this category):
[details=Hardware information]
[code]
Replace this line with the output of the command "hwinfo --short" or "inxi -Fzc 0" (run it in Konsole, no quotation marks)
[/code]
[/details]

**Drag and drop the files `/etc/pacman.conf` and `/var/log/pacman.log` into this post.** Then describe your issue and what you've tried so far here, terminal input *and* output, error messages, versions of any specific software involved, documentation you have read, and what search terms you have used. Information is crucial to being able to solve any problem.

Mark your topic as solved when a solution is found

Click the checkbox icon under the reply that provided the solution.

mark_as_solved

Read the original post and stick to the subject when replying

If a topic is marked as solved, do not reply stating the equivalent of “I am having a similar issue…”. Instead, reply with a linked topic:

reply_as_linked_topic

reply_link_2

About the Tutorials category
How do I update my system?
Libreoffice doesn't look like the rest of the desktop anymore
Chakra freezes every moment
Cannot explore second hdd on my laptop
Problem installing Kmymoney
How do I install and uninstall applications?
How can I install the Opera web browser?
Unable to install pkgbrowser from the CCR
How do I set the environment variable XDG_RUNTIME_DIR to '/tmp/runtime-root'?
Inkscape crashed just after open it
Can't install "Shockwave Flash" in Firefox
Can't download Chakra 2017.10 "Goedel" via BitTorrent using Ktorrent
How to install Chakra
Mpd needs repackaging after latest update
Stuck on "Started Network Manager Script..." at boot after update
Dashboard transparency lost after last upgrade
Libreoffice doesn't look like the rest of the desktop anymore
Welcome!
Jupyter console returns "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'jupyter_core'" when run after Python update
Pulseaudio high CPU usage
Can't upgrade system due to jack and jack2 being in conflict
Why can I not create new folders in newly created ext4 partition without using sudo?
Running Steam fails with libGL errors - unable to load driver radeonsi_dri.so, failed to load driver radeonsi, unable to load driver swrast_dri.so, failed to load driver swrast
Scilab isn't starting
Cannot execute wine, "/usr/bin/wine does not exist"
When trying to run cantata 2.2.0-1 I get the error message "cantata: error while loading shared libraries: libmusicbrainz5.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Cannot explore second hdd on my laptop