A CCR entry is outdated - what should I do?

A CCR entry is outdated - what should I do?

Flag the entry as outdated by navigating to its page and clicking the button labelled “Flag Out-of-date”.

If it stays outdated for an extended period of time, the best thing to do is to leave a comment or e-mail the maintainer.

If you left a comment and there is no response from the maintainer after two weeks, you can file an orphan request by sending an e-mail to staff@chakralinux.org, including details of any correspondence between you and the maintainer, as well as timestamps. The package may then be disowned by the staff. Do not use any other method of requesting this, since no work log is kept outside of the tasks handled by staff@chakralinux.org.

In the meantime, you can try updating the package yourself by editing the PKGBUILD - sometimes updates do not require any changes to the build or package process, in which case simply updating the $pkgver or source array is sufficient.


This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.